Piedmontese Hazelnut Cake | The Dessert Queen - Neelanjali | Sanjeev Kapoor Khazana. This nutty hazelnut cake hails from the South of Italy. It is great to have with your evening tea.
PIEDMONTESE HAZELNUT CAKE (Serves - 4)
2 cups toasted hazelnuts
½ cup + 1 tablespoon refined flour (maida)
½ cup butter + for greasing
1 cup brown sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla essence
¼ cup powdered sugar
2 -3 tablespoons semolina (rawa/suji) + for dusting
1 teaspoon baking powder
A pinch salt
2 teaspoons olive oil
Icing sugar for dusting
1. Preheat oven to 160° C.
2. Coarsely grind the hazelnuts.
3. Cream together ½ cup butter and brown sugar in a bowl using an electric beater till light and fluffy.
4. Break eggs in another bowl. Add vanilla essence and whisk well.
5. Sift together ½ cup + 1 tablespoon flour, powdered sugar, 2-3 tablespoons semolina, baking powder and salt in another bowl.
6. Add the egg mixture gradually to the butter-sugar mixture and whisk well, scraping the sides of the bowl.
7. Add ground hazelnut to the batter and mix. Add the flour mixture and fold well. Add olive oil and mix well.
8. Grease a round spring bottom mould with some butter and dust with some semolina. Pour the batter and tap. Put the tin in the preheated oven and bake for 30-35 minutes. Remove from oven, cool and demould.
9. Dust with some icing sugar, cut into wedges and serve.
Click to Subscribe: http://bit.ly/1h0pGXf
Cookware by : http://www.wonderchef.in
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/ChefSanjeevKapoor
Twitter : https://twitter.com/sanjeevkapoor
Tags: Piedmontese Hazelnut Cake | The Dessert Queen - Neelanjali | Sanjeev Kapoor Khazana, piedmontese, hazelnut, cake, piedmontese hazelnut cake, pulm cake, veg cake, dessert, the dessert queen, neelanjali, chef neelanjali, ice cream, snacks, hazelnut cake, latest dish, sanjeev kapoor, non veg cake, khazana, khana, khana khazaana